All Mexed Up
Jump To The Beet presents the second in its series of Mexican Nights.
27th January, 7.30p.m, Brixton
Out to showcase plant-based cooking and tantalise your tastebuds, Jump To The Beet will be serving 3 delicious plant-based courses with a welcome cocktail and nibbles. Our supper clubs are social events so solo and group diners both very welcome. Dinner will be served on communal tables and hosted at chef Catherine’s Brixton apartment.
Dinner will include:
Welcome Drink – Paloma
Nibbles – Totopos (Mexican corn chips) with:
- Salsa chile de arbol (roasted chilli & green tomato salsa)
- Pico de gallo (fresh coriander, Spanish onion & ripe tomato salad)
- Salsa Roja (ancho chilli with fresh red tomatoes)
Starter – Courgette Blossom Soup
Main Course – Soft Corn Tacos served with a choice of 3 toppings, caramelised sweet potatoes & salsas
- Cactus (seared with onion and spices)
- Crispy Tempura Cauliflower (cauliflower in a paprika coconut lime crust)
- Mixed Mushrooms (sautéed in pasilla chilli salsa)
Dessert – Key Lime Pie (cashew cream, coconut & lime mousse with a walnut & date base)
Catherine first emerged on the London food scene in 2014 with the Mexican Supper Club Dos Corazones.
Wanting to shine the spotlight firmly on plant-based cooking Jump To The Beet was started to demonstrate its versatility and deliciousness. These supper clubs are fun, social dining events in friendly surroundings.