Move along cocktail sausage, these canapés are bound to please even the most hardy meat eater. They’re pretty to look at, delicious and gluten free. Sweet potato forms the base with 3 easy to make toppings. Guacamole, sun-dried tomato paste and cashew cream. Sprinkle seeds on top for added texture and crunch.
Sweet Potato Canapés
- Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into discs and add to a bowl with the seasonings.
- Coat the potatoes well and place on baking tray.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes turning once half way through.
- Arrange the discs on a plate or tray.
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1/4 green chilli
- Squeeze lime
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Leave to soak for 2hrs to overnight.
- Drain and rinse the cashews thoroughly.
- Add to a food processor with 1 tablespoon lemon and 100ml cold vegetable stock
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
Sun-dried Tomato Paste
- 8 Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the tomatoes in a medium sized bowl.
- Add boiling water and allow the tomatoes to sit for a few minutes.
- Drain the water and add the tomatoes to a food processor with the garlic, oil and pepper.
- Puree until smooth
For each canapé add a teaspoon of topping onto a sweet potato. Add crushed walnuts to the cashew cream canapés for decoration and added texture. Serve warm.