Find me in chocolate heaven. The ultimate soul food, these truffles are irresistible and effortless. I’ve used Uncle Roy’s Hazelnut essence in this recipe. If you haven’t heard of Uncle Roy, he is a man, now company who set out to create allergen free essences to help his family and others with allergies. If you are allergic to nuts then this essence is a great substitute for the walnuts.
Cranberry & Walnut Chocolate Truffles – makes 15 truffles
- 100g 74% cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon rock salt
- 20g walnuts
- 20g cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 70 ml coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 4 drops Hazelnut essence
- 40g 74% cocoa
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- Chopped walnuts/cranberries for decoration (optional)
- Line a tray with grease proof paper.
- Grate the chocolate and place in a bowl.
- Grind the walnuts into small pieces and add to the bowl with the cranberries, salt, vanilla & hazelnut essences.
- Heat the coconut milk, oil and syrup in a pan until close to boiling (do not let it boil as the milk will burn).
- Add the liquid to the chocolate and stir quickly with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into small dollops onto the grease proof paper.
- Place in the fridge and allow to set for 2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and roll each piece by hand into a ball.
- Prepare the chocolate coating by repeating step 4, and coat each truffle in the melted chocolate. Use a fork to lift each truffle onto the grease proof paper.
- Decorate with walnuts and cranberries and allow to set in the fridge again.